An abandoned cinema in Georgia. We visited it during our trip in May 2019.
“Apollo” cinema is one of the first buildings built for a cinema in Tbilisi.
It was opened in 1909 and is one of the remarkable examples of modern style.
The Apollo was built in 1909 as a cinema. In the Soviet period it was called “October”.
In 1987, after reconstruction, the cinema was reopened. Since 1990, the name “Apollo” has returned to it.
In 2010, the “Apollo” reconstruction project was published, which was met with opposition from part of the society.