Hungarian army barracks
An abandoned military base in Hungary. We visited it during our trip in September 2017.
In the years 1901-1910, the Artillery Training Barracks, one of the largest military cities in Europe, was built. Part of the complex had to be demolished due to its deteriorating condition, some buildings were renovated with new functions. In 1944, after the occupation, the German army took control of the barracks, and shortly afterwards it was taken over by a group of southern Soviet armies. During the stay of the Soviet soldiers, the destruction of the barracks began. Barracks are abandoned since 1990.