An abandoned power plant in Hungary. We visited it during our trip in April 2016.
Built in 1914 and considered one of the most modern electrical plants in the world, the art-deco facility was designed by Hungarian architects Kálmán Reichl and Virgil Bierbauer as a tribute to the power of electricity. The buildings shut down in 2005. The power plant is protected by law and cannot be restored or demolished.