An abandoned coal mine in Poland. We visited it during our trip in 2012.
“Katowice” Coal Mine (German: Ferdinandgrube) – a non-existent mine located in the center of Katowice, in the Bogucice district, operating in the years 1823–1999. Until 1936 it was called “Ferdynand”. It currently houses the seats of the Polish National Radio Symphony Orchestra, the Silesian Museum and the International Congress Center.